Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Knitty Gritty

"Dear Stupid Dog, I've gone to live with the children on Jolly Farm. Good-bye forever, Stewie. P.S.- I never got a chance to return that sweater Lois gave me for Christmas, I left the receipt on top of my bureau. I'm probably over the 30-day return limit, but I'm sure if you make a fuss they'll at least give you a store credit or something. It's actually not a horrible sweater, it's just I can't imagine when I would ever wear it, you know? Oh and I also left a button on the bureau, um I'm not sure what it goes to but um I, I can never bring myself to throw a button away, I know as soon as I do, I'll find the garment it goes to and then it'll, wait a minute actually could it have been from the sweater? Did that sweater have buttons? Hmm. Well I should wrap this up before I start to ramble. Again good-bye forever. PPS- You know what, it might be a little chilly in London, I'm actually going to take the sweater.”--Stewie Griffin from Family Guy


Sweater dresses like this one by Tracy Reese:



This by Ya-Ya (one on the left):



And this:



...have been ripped right from the 80's (along with leggings and ankle boots), and thrust back on fashion's center stage.

I hit up Lacoste (formally known as Izod) today. What better way to channel the 80's?



I also had a friends and family coupon that expires today.

I came across this cute number on sale for $115:



So, $115 is a bit ridiculous, but I thought it was soooo cute! It was 30% off marked down from $165. The girl helping me said she thought it would look best worn with some skinny jeans, leggings, or with a wide belt.

This is how I would wear it:



...with capri's and knee boots. I've found that wearing capri pants tucked into boots gives the same illusion as skinny jeans..and the good thing about this option is that your summer wardrobe can carry over to fall (and you don't have to buy a new pair of jeans).

Since I was in there (and had coupon in hand), I decided to try a few other thangs on just for fun.



This cute logo sweater was $165.



The salmon cashmere cardigan was interesting, but at $245, it was just laughable.



And this black cable knit was $135.

I fell in love with the cable knit and the sweater dress. The sweater dress was cute and trendy...and the cable knit is a great work piece. With my coupon the cable knit woulda ended up being about the same price as the dress.

I couldn't decide...so I got both! I couldn't help myself!

So now I have buyer's remorse. I think I should return something. Which one would you take back? 1? Or both? 3 of my friends said they would keep the striped dress b/c it's different...but one's a weekend piece, another's a work piece. What do you think?

While I deal with my inner struggle, check out your nearest Lacoste boutique for sweaters, polos, and shirts on sale. Visit their website, www.lacoste.com for store locations.

Smootches!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love black. I'd keep the cable knit. I liked it better on you.