Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

February on TFB

"Suddenly all my ancestors are behind me/ Be still they say/ Watch and listen/ You are the result of the love of thousands."--Linda Hogan, 'Walking'

Hey Y’all,
So February is going to be huge for the Fashion Bomb!
First, Fashion Week is coming to NYC February 2nd-9th!

Photo courtesy of www.ohjoy.blogs.com
I’m a huge idiot and didn’t even think to apply for press credentials before deadline. Totally sux, I know. But I've asked peeps I know in fashion to hook a sistah up…let’s hope they follow through. My goal is to go to at least one show a day...gonna make it happen as Mariah would say.

The second reason February is huge for TFB is that it’s Black History Month! Time to look back and give a nod to everyone who set the path. In celebration, I'm doing a review/tribute to one black designer, new or old, for every weekday of the month.

Photo courtesy of Bernstein & Andriulli
When I told peeps of my plan, they were like, ‘Are there enough for you to cover?” I say, “Yes!” I can find 20+ black designers! But let’s say this: it’ll be a learning experience for both me and you.
So stay tuned tomorrow for installment one.
Smootches!
PS Proenza Schouler's line is hitting Target stores on Friday!

I'm broke as a joke cuz rent is due, but please do hit it up if you have the funds.

PSS I saw this shoot in the Sunday Times Magazine and thought it was darling!



Random cuteness. Nothing more, nothing less.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make it happen Claire - they need you at those shows! Ahhh, Fashion Week..the lights, the big tent, the music, the attitude - I could go on for days. Maybe one day! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

OMG i dont know why but i am totally obsessed with the fact that Proenza Schouler's line will be at target. i wasnt able to cop anything from the behnanz line so i was pissed cuz i really wanted that white and black dress of course they sold outta my size before i could cop one but not this time around am going to pay full price for their stuff i dont care cuz i know for a fact its going to get sold out-sorry ur broke i will be thinking of u whrn i buy somethings, oh yea i am really looking forward to the black designer for everyday of the month for black history month- finallly something new to learn in a month that is dedicated to us.