Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Monday, August 06, 2007

Real Style: High Waisted

Happy Monday!
So the Bahamas was amazing! I picked up a cute little tan...and a bit of a cold (boo!). Ok, so I'm feeling under the weather, but still had to bring you some real style! My friend Stephanie challenged my view on high waisted items this weekend in the following simply chic outfit...

...I loved how she paired an everyday wife beater and gold flip flops with a torso cinching high waisted red gingham skirt. The skirt looks refined and sophisticated, and her hot accessories--long gold necklace, red clutch, and gold bangles--only added to the ensemble. This look convinced me that high waists are actually fly with skirts.
What do you think?
Smootches!
PS Love her skirt? It's by none other than Seasoned to Perfection! Purchase by e-mailing s2pvintage@yahoo.com!
PSS I'm down, but not out! Stay tuned this week for Style Files, Trend posts, and (hopefully) double the mail bombs!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

i absolutely love that skirt

Anonymous said...

I love the whole look especially the skirt.

Anonymous said...

OMG she is so pretty. The skirt and the hair are fab!!

Anonymous said...

I thinks are def okay to wear high waisted, and that pink one is too cute! I just don't like the high waisted jeans...

Who's That Fashionista? said...

I love her outfit! And she is pretty. Where did she get that amazing skirt?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this look!!! Where can I get that skirt???

WendyB said...

She looks lovely!

Anonymous said...

I love this look! She found the perfect compromise between volume and body concious clothing! Not to mention the romantic element brought with the red clutch!

mojames said...

She's gorgeous! I love this look!

Anonymous said...

I think this skirt looks great on her because she has a small waist. She looks awesome. I need to cop that skirt pronto!

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone else. Steph is beautiful and looks great in this skirt. I definitely think high wasted skirts are more flattering than high wasted jeans/pants (unless you're stick then). I'm a petite curvalicious girl and I tried on the Diesel high wasted pants the other day...not a good look. Perhaps it's b/c I didn't have any heels/high boots on to lengthen me out, but still, I say stay away!

Anonymous said...

Hot, Fly, and Fabulous!!!! I love the entire look.

If anyone is looking for a pair of Great High Waisted Jeans, Guess (dare I say) has a hot pair.

~stay fab

Anonymous said...

I love the outfit!!

Anonymous said...

I love the High Waist trend! I know everybody doesn't like them but I and many of us do...I think you should do a whole section on the high waisted trend...their is a pic of Beyonce on Concreteloop.com w/ high waisted pants on and she looks F-A-B!

Coko Mulan said...

High waisted skirts are what's hot... high waisted jeans are whats not..