Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Last Day of Fashion Week: Zulema

Hey!
So for the last day of Fashion Week, I decided to hit up a smaller show to mix things up. I was delighted when my girl Lauren from Stereohyped told me that former Project Runway contestant...

Zulema was showing. I was juiced to tag along.
The space was set up to be reminiscent of an art exhibit, so all the models were milling around or lounging...
... in Zulema's creations.
Of course I had to stop every model to get a closer look...
The clothes were literally to die for. Out of all the collections I've seen during fashion week, Zulema's was by far the only one I could see wearing to a special event...from the colors, draping, to the fabrics, everything was divine.
Her collection was inspired, she said, by the story of Nigerian musician Fela’s 27 wives. She outfitted her models in clothing that was African and European inspired, and the results were gorgeous.
This collection is the first that will be available in stores. Visit www.zulemagriffin.com for news on where and when you can buy.
Glad to see Project Runway has treated her well!
Smootches!
PS Next week I'll return to my regularly scheduled postings about celebs, trends, and Mail Bombs. Stay tuned:)

4 comments:

Genene said...

Zulema's clothes are hot! She has come a long way since project runway. That first dress is fire! BTW loved your article in Essence this month. It can assist me in shedding the rest of this post baby weight. Big tings a gwan, keep it up gal!

B said...

Gorgeous stuff.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I did not like Zulema when she was on Project Runway, but this collection is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

That can't be the model for the shoot. She looks as if she's standing in for focus purposes until the actual model shows up.