Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Friday, June 13, 2008

Mail Bombs!!!

Hey!
This has been a very full week, but the show must go on...
...let's get started.
First up, Crystal fell in love with the dress Keyshia Cole wore to the 'If Looks Could Kill" event...
...she says, "It's so cute! I must have it!!!"
Keyshia is wearing this Tuvallu Dress by Diane von Furstenberg...
...get it for $325 at shopbop.com
Next, Alexis says, "I was reading Essence mag a few days ago and came across this super cute dress Jordin Sparks was wearing..."
"...any way you'd be able to help me locate something similar?"
Couldn't find a dress just like Jordin's, but felt these high and low priced options came close:
1. Versace Round Neck Mini Dress, $930. 2. American Apparel Cross Front Poplin Dress, $36.
Next Mandy says, "I'm trying to find the outfit that Rihanna is wearing in this recent picture:"
"I Love It!!!! Can you help me get the look?"
Get her skater chic look with the following:
1. Scee Women's Tank, $62. 2. Calypso Sandie Tank, $55. 3. Forever 21 Iridescent Scarf, $7.80. 4. Armani Exchange White Lurex Jeans, $115. 5. Gotta Flurt No Lace Sneakers, $26.
Natalie from London says, "I'm wondering if you could help me find a dress similar to this..."
"In cream or gold for my prom in less than three weeks. Also, any suggestions on dresses that would look cute on a petite person (5ft)?"
Adriana says, "For your height, you're right: strapless and mini are the way to go. But you also might be able to pull off form-fitting and long, especially if you have an hour-glass shape..." She suggested the following:
1. Edressme Strapless Bubble Dress, $94. 2. ABS Ivory Satin Pleated Bubble Dress, $140.
Yetunde comes with a Facebook query, saying, "I was wondering where I could find these pants..."
"... I've searched everywhere and I still cant find it....maybe you can help!"
We found these options:
1. LIPS Colette Trouser Jean, $45. 2. 18th Amendment Crawford High Waist Pant, $275. 3. Joe's Jean High Waist Seam Pant in Lola, $178.
Lastly, a contest! I received so many requests for this look....
...that I decided to make a game of it! Anyone who can tell me the designers of the dress and shoes Solange wore to TRL will win a bottle of Kimora's New Fragrance, Fabulosity...
...because you're fab! Get to work and e-mail me at thefashionbomb@gmail.com. I'll reveal the winner as soon as I have an answer!
And we have one! Reader Sheraime from Florida successfully found that Solange is wearing a tailored version of this Spring 2008 Miu Miu dress...
...topped off with these Pierre Hardy heels...
Congrats Sheraime! I'll be sending you a dose of Fabulosity very soon!
Smootches!

Fashion, News, and What Nots
*Congrats are in order for uber designer Rachel Roy!
In addition to giving birth to a daughter a month ago, Jones Apparel Group just bought a stake in her clothing brand! What does this mean? More options (footwear, fragrance, accessories) and more affordable clothes! In WWD she says, "There's a whole world of women who love fashion and it should not be exclusive to women who can afford a $1,500 dress...it's really important to me to make a line more women can afford." Yippee! [WWD]
*Tanqueray has a clothing line? Check it out:
If you like the looks, they're being auctioned off as we speak on ebay!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

The pink dress and the miumiu dress can both be found at


www.dtailo.blogspot.com