Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Friday, July 18, 2008

Tragedy + Fashion News

*Y'all, I lost my new pair of Theory Sandals in a cab last night:(
Said shoes during my Caffeine TV taping.
I'm beyond sad about it...I just bought them!!! What had happened was...I was leaving a party and switched into my flip flops. Jumped into a cab and put my shoes on the floor. When I got home, I paid, scooted out....it wasn't until I reached my apartment that I realized I forgot my shoes. I ran back downstairs, but of course the guy was gone. And of course I didn't bother to take a receipt or write down his medallion number. Aaaargh!!! So I'm posting this hoping that somehow my shoes will be returned. Sadly, in New York you lose all trust in human goodness, but perhaps my shoes won't be lost in the abyss...
I hope this cab returns my shoes
If you too have lost anything in a NYC cab, know that you can go to this website to submit a missing items form (but if you don't have the medallion number it's basically useless). The only other option is to call all the police precints (4) to see if your item is in the lost & found. If not, pray that your driver turned around and dropped your cute shoes on your doorstep...dreams do come true, right?
*In other, less sad news, Fashionista reports that Vogue and IMG will team up to produce a web based reality show. Fashionista says, "[The show will be] called Model. Live, and debut August 19 in twelve, eight-minute webisodes on Vogue.tv."
"The cameras will follow three new IMG girls as they try to break into serious modeling, and the big people behind the show promise it'll be total reality (they've already said they'll tape whatever actually happens including depression, unhealthy eating habits, rejections, etc) as opposed to the "amateurs live" feel that most reality shows maintain."
*NYMag's blog reports that Anya Kop (who I met on Wednesday)...
...signed with Elite Model Management. They say, "She may have come in second on the show, behind Whitney Thompson, but she's scored a spot on the agency's development board. Booker Jose Covarrubias says the agency asked for her after the show ended." Read the rest here. [NYMag]

8 comments:

MissJ said...

I've lost a designer dress (which I designed) in a NYC yellow cab en route to the client's house for delivery! I know the feeling! It sucks!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that you lost your shoes. Hope that you feel better soon :):):)

Anonymous said...

Did you already call the cab company? They may have been able to help you out that night. I hope you get the shoes back.

Anonymous said...

awwwhh man ... so sorry to hear about that ur shoes..

Furaha said...

love the mustard toe polish! that's my color this summer for the nails!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, your pedicure is fly if that's any consolation

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about those shoes! I loved those shoes! :( I have lost TWO motorola Q phones to the back seat of a NYC cab so I know the feeling (and for one I actually HAD the medallion # and it didn't help in the end). It may help to tell yourself that it is just a material possession, your shoes, and that these things will come and go in your life. Besos!!

Anonymous said...

omg i lost my marc jacobs sunglasses at a bar one night when i was livin it up! needless to say, i got home, woke up the next morning, and realized my shades were long gone... darnit, you just brought back a very sad memory. sorry for your loss.