Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sonia Rykiel Exhibit in Paris

Hey boos!
Today I stopped into a cool exhibit at the Museum of Fashion on French Designer Sonia Rykiel:
Known as the 'Queen of Knits', Rykiel is best known for her sweaters, and was the first designer to put seams on the outside of a garment and weave pictures into her designs. The exhibit in Paris celebrates her 40 years in the business, and shows a progression of her apparel--from fun sweaters in bright colors, decorated with rosettes, words, and stripes to more serious dresses and gowns:
I could only take a few pix before the guards told me I had to stop--in case you can't make it here, a few more shots:
I'm off to a Kanye West/Roots concert tonight and I'm going to snap some serious Real Style (I'm on a mission!!). Stay tuned for that on Monday--and for Mail Bombs tomorrow:)
Bisous!

0 comments: