Real Style shopping fashion bomb tv Style File Look for Less Breaking into Fashion Claires Life What to Wear Trends Designers Fashion News

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Splurge of the Day: Jimmy Choo x Hunter Wellies

WWD reports that shoe designer Jimmy Choo and rain boot regular Hunter have collaborated to create a boot that signals the ultimate in shoe sophistication:
Retailing for $395, these slick wellies will be sold in Jimmy Choo stores and online beginning next June.
Hot boots, but may I offer a simple observation to my American Amies: I brought my pair of Burberry wellies with me to Paris, and pulled them out without hesitation when there was even a soupcon of rain. To my surprise, Parisians don't really do rain boots...nor do they do snow boots (yup, I pulled out my Lacostes for a recent snow storm). For them it seems the same leather boots work in all weather conditions--and the whole idea of multiple shoe changes for a hint of crazy weather is a very American thing. With that said, ladies, these shoes are strictly a splurge: droolworthy puddle pushers that will make you the hottest chick in a rainstorm. But are they necessary? Not so much!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Definitely an interesting take on the standard rainboot. I'm going to stick to my $19 target pair though...lol!